Hello friends of Girls in Tech!
Are you a software engineer, designer, or UI/UX expert? If you are available in the Vancouver area on either May 4 or 5, we need you to help be a technical mentor for our Girls in Tech Vancouver Hacking for Humanity event!
What? Be a technical mentor to Hacking for Humanity hackathon participants that are going to create a demo-able app for social good!
Where? At DevHub in beautiful Downtown Vancouver! (#600 – 401 West Georgia)
When? Saturday, May 4 or Sunday, May 5. Choose your own 2-hour timeslot here: https://volunteersignup.org/9BAXW
How Do I Sign Up?
- Fill out the Mentor Information form here https://forms.gle/ysuPQsoYb7zfjWZM6
- Sign up for any 2-hour mentorship slot here https://volunteersignup.org/9BAXW (Note that you can sign up for more than one 2-hour slot! We thought that 2-hours shifts would make it easier for mentors to volunteer since mentors can have a lot going on in their schedule.)
Perks as a Mentor
- Mentors will receive a Girls in Tech Hacking for Humanity t-shirt!*
- Free meals if you are around during lunch or dinner time.
- Give back to your community by helping hackathon participants with their project that could impact humanity.
- A few years of coding experience would be awesome!
- UI/UX designers are also needed
- Experience being able to set up your own coding environment
- Experience with Github or similar version control application
- Reach out to us at [email protected].
- Our EventBrite page is here should any mentors require more info about the event: https://girlsintechvanhackathon2019.eventbrite.ca
- See some of the projects that were produced in the 2018 Hacking for Humanity hackathon on Devpost: https://gitvan2018.devpost.com
(*subject to availability as we have limited quantities for t-shirts)